The Clay County Board of Education met Thursday, September 27, 2018 for the monthly session, during which the following agenda items were approved:
- September 6, 2018 meeting minutes
- All Financial and cash balances for August 2018
- The selection of Shane Davidson as delegate and Bruce Sims as alternate to represent the CCBOE during the Delegate Assembly AASB’s annual business meeting.
- Approval of the resolution to establish a credit line for borrowing the sum of $1,999,000.00 from First State Bank of Clay County at a rate not exceeding 6% per annum. These funds will be repaid no later that September 30, 2019 and will be used to pay employees before Christmas holidays if and when needed.
- Renew the Physical and Occupational Therapy Contract with Clay County Hospital.
- Renew the Memorandum of Agreement for Part-time Transition Specialist with the AL. State Dept. of Rehabilitation Services.
- Accept the following highest bids for the transportation departments surplus property:
Bus 1 $150.00 Jimmy Lee
Bus 2 $150.00 Jimmy Lee
Ford Truck $200.00 Jimmy Lee
Dodge Truck $101.70 Brian Freeman
- Approval for CNP Director Juanita Riley to solicit CNP Equipment Bids for a double steam oven at Ashland Elementary School Cafeteria.
- Solicit Bids on the Vocational School property in Lineville
- Approval to give Alabama Power easement to connect to an existing power pole off of the Hwy 9 North school property for service to a new residence.
- Adjust the Chief Senior Financial Officer’s salary to $65,000.00 per year beginning October 1, 2018. All other contents of the current CSFO contract are to remain in effect for the remainder of the existing contracts time period.
- Approval of the new Policy Manual for the Clay County Board of Education.
- Approval of 87 Personnel Action Items, which included some of the following:
Olivia Goble as LES lunchroom worker Kimberly Brown as Special Ed. teacher at AES
Lunchroom worker at LES
Resource teacher at AES
National School Lunch Week is October 15-19
The FY17 Audit Report will be published Friday
Mini Fall Break is October 8th and 9th
The next regular Board meeting will be October22, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Parent Day is October 23, 2018
November Board Meeting will be November 15, 2018 at 5:00 PM