The Clay County Board of Education met Tuesday, May 15, 2018 for their regular monthly meeting. The following agenda items were approved:
- Approval to accept the lowest bid from Dixie Store Fixtures of $77,750.00 for a cooler/freezer at Ashland Elementary.
- Approval to solicit bids for the following items:
- Fresh produce products for the 2018-19 school year.
- Safety doors for Central Junior High School.
- Heating Cooling units ( replacement) AES and LES
- Bathroom renovations for both girls and boys at AES
- Approval to extend bids for the following:
- Bread and bread products-Flowers Baking Co. for the 2018-19 school year.
- Milk Products- Dean Dairy Holdings/Barber Milk for the 2018-19 school year.
Approval of 32 Personnel Action Items which included some of the following:
- Mark Darby from full time LES Asst. Principal to 1/2 time LES Asst. Principal and 1/2 time AES Asst. Principal.
- Shannah Mathews from Special Ed teacher AES to Elementary teacher AES.
- Patty Mann from Special Ed teacher CJHS to Special Ed teacher LES.
- Anna Morrison from LES Teacher to LES Counselor
- Shannon Taylor from LES Teacher to LES Reading Coach
- Lisa Andrews from LES Teacher to LES Title Teacher
- Vicki Mitchell from AES Special Ed Aide to CHS Special Ed Aide
RESIGNATION / RETIRING
- Cassidy Elliff as English Teacher at Central High School effective May 25, 2018
- Paula Reynolds as Counselor at Central High School effective June 1, 2018
- Vicki Herron as Counselor at Central High School effective June 1, 2018
- Kris Herron as PE Teacher at Central High School effective June 1, 2018
- Jessica Hammonds as Teacher at AES effective May 25, 2018
- Ada Hardy as IDEA Summer School Bus Driver and Teacher Aide
- Marsha Hammonds as IDEA Summer School Teacher and Bus Aide
- Becky Taylor as Facilitator for summer school
- Courtney Johnson as Special Ed Teacher Ashland Elementary effective August 1, 2018
- Courtney Campbell as Special Ed Teacher Ashland Elementary effective August 1, 2018
- Devin Knepper as Teacher – Ashland Elementary effective August 1, 2018
- Joseph Appleby as Bus Driver effective August 1, 2018
- Tiffany Brown as Teacher – Lineville Elementary effective Aug. 1, 2018
- Shannon Cantrell as Lineville Elementary Special Ed Teacher effective Aug. 1, 2018
- Melanie Heath as Teacher at Lineville Elementary effective Aug. 1, 2018
- Special Ed Teacher at Central Junior High
- Counselor positions at Central High School
- 1/2 time Counselor position at Central High School
- Counselor position at Central Jr. High School
- Certified Teacher 7-12 Central Jr. High
- Special Ed Aide Ashland Elementary School
- Special Ed Teacher Ashland Elementary School
Graduation is Thursday, May 17, 2018
School will dismiss 2 hours early May 23-24, 2018
Last day of school for students is Thursday, May 24, 2018
Last day of school for teachers is Friday, May 25, 2018
Central High School Football Jamboree will be Saturday, May 19 at JSU @ 12:30.
The next scheduled Board meeting will be June 7, 2018, at 4:00 PM.