The Clay County Board of Education met Tuesday, October 24, 2017. All items on the Agenda were approved.
- Approval for Central High School, the FFA Club and chaperones to attend the FFA National Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana on October 24-27, 2017. FFA , along with Perkins, will be responsible for all expenses.
- Approval for the Central High School HOSA officers and students in grades 10-11 to attend the Body Exhibit in Atlanta, GA November 1, 2017. HOSA along with Perkins will be responsible for all expenses.
- Approval to accept the bid from Jack Green Oil for gasoline with a bid of $1.97103 per gallon. This was the only bid received.
- Approval for the Board to select one member and one alternate as AASB Delegate for the 2017 Convention and Delegate Assembly on December 7-9, 2017 in Birmingham. Board Member, Shane Davidson was elected to serve as the delegate and Board member Chris Jackson was selected as the alternate.
- Approval of the resolution to renew the line of credit at First State Bank for use if funds are not sufficient to pay the salaries of employees and meet current expenses when due.
- Approval to select a candidate for District 4 Director. Members were given bios of each candidate to review at the last meeting.
- Approval of the updated 2016 Clay County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan updated Resolution of Adoption. This was given to board members at our September 28 meeting for review.
- Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Community Development Institution/Head Start and Clay County Board of Education. This was given to Board members at our September 28 meeting for review.
- Approval of the cooperative agreement for FY18 between the Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services and the Clay County Board of Education for Part-time Pre-Employment Transition Specialist. This was given to Board members at our September 28 meeting for review.
- Approval of 17 Personnel Action Items, which included Renewal of Principal Contract for Ray Sewell, Central Jr. High was approved for the period of November 28, 2017 through June 30, 2021
- Approval to take sealed bids on the Vocational School. Bids will be opened December 14, 2017 at the Central Office at 10:00 am.
- Veterans Day Holiday will be November 10, 2017
- Thanksgiving Holiday will be November 20-24
The next regular board meeting will be November16, 2017, at 4:00 PM in the board room.
The December board meeting will be December 14, 2017, at 4:00 PM in the board room.