The Clay County Board of Education met Monday, August 6, 2018 with a relatively short agenda. The following agenda items were approved in this session:
- Approval to declare 3 commercial reach in freezers and 2 commercial coolers at Ashland Elementary surplus and advertise to take sealed bids on each* Bids will be opened August 29, 2018 at 10:00 AM at Central Office.
- Approval of 17 Personnel Action items, which included some of the following:
- Erika Laverick as Speech Language teacher
- Summer Martin as Collaborative teacher at Lineville Elementary School
For Your Information:
• The next Board Meeting and FY 19 Budget Hearing will be August 30, 2018 at 4:00.
• The second FY 19 Budget Hearing will be September 6, 2018.
• The ETF (Education Trust Fund) Advancement and Technology allocation plan has been approved.
The Board will now begin the process of requesting quotes for renovating Ashland Elementary School’s boys and girl’s bathrooms and installing security doors at the entrance of Central Junior High School. Any remaining funds will be used to replace inefficient heating and cooling systems.
Congratulations to Lineville Elementary School for has been selected as Governor’s Bicentennial Schools!
In summer 2019, the 200 schools will submit final reports on their projects, and three schools per Congressional district will be designated Alabama Bicentennial Schools of Excellence.
These 21 schools will participate in commemoration ceremonies in Montgomery on December 14, 2019, the culmination of Alabama’s bicentennial.