The Clay County Board of Education met Thursday, December 15, 2016 for their monthly session.
After two executive sessions, totaling over 30 minutes combined of discussion, Board members were ready to begin the agenda. No business was conducting during these executive sessions.
The following agenda items were approved:
- Approval to appoint Lori Allen as District 4 Board member to complete term vacated by Greg Denney.
- Approval to keep the Board member’s salary as it currently stands, $400 per month for the next 4 years.
- Approval to set the Superintendent’s salary at $96,720 per year. This was a 4% salary increase for this position, which was also a reflection of the standard rate for an across the Board raise for all Clay County Board of Education employees given this fiscal year. It was also approved to enter into agreement with the Superintendent to specify indemnity for the Superintendent and the Clay County Board members, and to include travel and professional growth allowances and reimbursement.
- Approval of the minutes from the previous meeting, Nov. 29, 2016.
- Approval of all financial reports and cash balances for October and November 2016.
- Approval for Kecia Burns and the DECA students to attend the DECA International Competition in Anaheim, California, April 22-30th. There will be no cost to the Board for this trip.
- The following Personnel Action items were approved, which included: