The Board of Education met Tuesday, November 29. The following agenda items were approved:
- Approval of the agenda
- approval of the minutes from the October 27, 2016 and November 17, 2016 meetings.
- approval of the following Financial Reports for September 2016 and FY 2015-16 comparison reports:
- approval to allow the superintendent to enter into contracts that are lower than the bid law.
- approval to contract with Interquest Detection Canines for the remainder of this school year, January 2017 through May 2017. During this period, Interquest will provide 5 half day visits; each visit will be $300.00. This will be paid using At-Risk funds. These canines can sniff out not only illegal drugs, but prescription drugs, weapons, and alcohol. Attorney Mark Boardman will review the contract before signing.
- approval of the following new/revised Federal Program and State policies that were given for review at the October 27, 2016 meeting.
- Cash Management for Federal Funds
- Mentoring Program
- Jason Flatt Act SBII
- approval of the following Personnel Action items, including the following:
Dana Strickland as Bus Driver
Varsity Baseball Coach: Michael Anderson
- ‘Family Night with Santa Claus and an Elf”- Parent and Family Engagement Liaison, Connie Bass to be held at Lineville Elementary Thursday, December 1, 2016, 5:30 in the gym.
- Board members were given a resolution urging the appointment of elected superintendents in Alabama to review
The next board meeting will be December 15, 2016.