The Clay County Board of Education met Thursday, October 22, along with Superintendent Billy Walker, for the monthly session. The following Board members were present: Shane Davidson, Arthur Oliver, Donald Harris, Greg Denney. Blaine Lacy was absent.
This meeting was strictly business and all items were approved with no discussion.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Approval of the minutes from the September meeting.
- Approval to sign renegotiated contract provided by AASB for the Medical Administrative Claim Program. This renegotiation will result in a 50% reduction in the total fee paid for the Medicaid Administrative Claim Program.
- Approval to select a delegate and an alternate delegate for the 2015 AASB Delegate Assembly to be held December 3, 2015, in Birmingham. The Delegate chosen was Blaine Lacy with Greg Denney chosen as alternate.
- Approval of 33 Personnel Action Items, which included some of the following:
The Board accepted resignations from the following:-Tammy Bowman as bus driver– John Luckie as bus driver– Brooke Spurlin as AES teacher-Open Position: Elementary Teacher – Ashland Elementary School. Contact Jared Wesley, Principal AES for more information.– New Hire: Mr. Ben Endress as Jr. High Math Teacher at Central Jr. High.
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned.
- The next Board meeting will be pushed back to November 19, at 4:00 PM in the Board Room, due to the Thanksgiving Holiday falling on the regular meeting date.
- School will dismiss 2 hours early for local schools on November 5, 2015 for Professional Development.
- November 11, 2015 is Veteran’s Day and school will not be in session.
- The December Board meeting has also been moved to December 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM in the Board Room, due to the Christmas holidays.