Prior to the Ashland Council meeting on January 3, 2017, a planning session was held to hear from several Architectual firms who were making their presentations with their input on the design and renovation on the Police Department, which will be housed in the basement of the new City Hall. No decisions were made on choosing an architect for this job at this session.
Council member Kim Cain thanked Maintenance Supervisor Jody Brown and the maintenance crew for the installation of the new swing set at the park.
Police Chief Joseph Stanford reported the new patrol vehicles were ordered and they were expecting a 10 week production time, which should put them arriving around mid February.
Agenda items approved for this meeting included the following:
- Approval of current bills.
- Set Public Hearing for Abatement of Nuisance Property of January 18 at 4:00 PM.
- Approval to make Acting Maintenance Supervisor Jody Brown permanent as Maintenance Supervisor.
- Approval to open and advertise for two weeks for Patrol Officer position.
- Approval to give City Hall Assistant Sarah McKemie one-step merit raise (R7-S2).
- Add to Mark Heard Cleaning Service to clean office, bathroom and kitchen at fire station for an additional $25-30 a month to his contract.
The meeting was then adjourned.